31 August 2013

Accept Quran, Reject Sunnah

Prophet Muhammad (sw) prophesied that people will claim to follow the Quran and reject the Sunnah before the end time. Rejecting the Sunnah is same as rejecting the Quran because God tells us to follow the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (sw) in the Quran.

"One of the signs of the approach of the Day of Judgment is people will claim to follow the Qur'an but will reject sunnah" (Abu Dawood)

5:32 Says: "Obey Allah and His Messenger": But if they turn back, Allah loveth not those who reject Faith."

4:80 says: "He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah: But if any turn away, We have not sent thee to watch over their (evil deeds)."

"I leave behind me two things, the Holy Qur'an and my example, the Sunnah, and if you follow these you will never go astray. All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly." [Summary of the Sermon - The Sahih Al-Bukhari]

May God save us from hypocrites that pretend to be Muslims. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment